Tagging & Preparing Your Items
How Your Items Should be Tagged:
- Note the hangers face left, like a question mark. All clothes must be hung on hangers when brought in.
- Painters tape is used for books and items instead of clear tape. No DUCT TAPE, even if it is colorful.
- Smaller items should be in a ziploc bag. Place clear tape across the top to keep little fingers out.
- Use 60-70 weight cardstock paper, index card weight. Regular paper is too thin. It won’t withstand the public sale.
- Shoes and boots may be connected together with cable ties.
- Use safety pins – not the tiny gold ones or straight pins. That is a safety hazard.
- SMOKERS – we cannot take your items that smell like smoke due to children’s allergies. Launder the clothes and store them in a smoke free environment.
- Use ziplocs for books. Elastics won’t keep the tags and books together as children take them apart to look through during the public sale.
- No clothespins or paperclips to keep the pants on the hangers. The children rip them off.